Your New Right Hand – Context Menus
Do you know what a context menu is? I didn’t know until I started working at SmartAdvocate (I had used one before; I just didn’t know its official name). A context menu is an interactive pop-up menu that appears when you right-click an item. When you right click on anything, such as an email, you get a context menu. It will allow you to perform work quickly and conveniently.
SmartAdvocate is loaded with context menus. If you haven’t used a context menu in SmartAdvocate, you don’t know what you are missing!
The right click function gives you a variety of options, such as changing appointment statuses or going directly to a case page. There are several places SmartAdvocate uses context menus. They are as follows:
1. My SmartAdvocate Screen
a. My Appointments Panel – you will be able to perform all the operations you would perform in office/case calendar, as shown below:
b. My Cases Panel – Right clicking the context menu gives you all the options you would have in top search results, as shown below:
c. My Favorite Cases Panel- Again, right clicking the context menu gives you all the options you would have in top search results, as shown below:
2. Intake Follow Up Dashboard – you will be able to perform the options shown below:
3. My Cases Dashboard – you will be able to perform the options shown below:
4. Top Search Results – you will be able to perform the options shown below:
5. Medical Request Dashboard Internal/External – you will be able to view the contact card of the medical provider, as shown below:
Once this menu opens, you will also be able to hyperlink to the contact’s website and e mail address, and access a map with its location and directions.
6. Case Summary Screen and other screens within a case – You will be able to view the contact card of any contact that appears on the screen, as shown below:
Again, you can send the contact an e mail directly from this menu, as well as access a map with the contact’s location and directions.
7. Case Calendar and Office Calendar – you will be able to perform the options shown below:
All of the options are available for use within the case. However, you have to open the case and go to the correct screen. This now allows you to work on cases directly from the SmartAdvocate screen, dashboards or even the office calendar.
So there you have it. Fantastic and useful ways to make your job easier and you will save so much time by having all of these features right at the click of your mouse.
Get started today
Let SmartAdvocate help your law firm get organized and practice more efficiently.